This little lap quilt is another treasure from my Alaska days. The girls and I spent a wonderful year there while my soldier did an unaccompanied tour in Korea. Between hubby being gone and the bitter cold winter, I had lots of time on my hands, most of which I spent quilting and sewing.
My 5 favorite things about this quilt are:
- The plaid shirting – a freebie I picked up at a fabric exchange. Oh, and that pink floral…I wish I’d bought a whole bolt of it. It goes with everything.
- Accuquilt friendliness factor – I cut every piece with my Accuquilt Go.
- Color scheme – The pinks and greens are delicious…like ice cream sherbet.
- Quick, easy piecing – This would be a great beginner pattern. It went together very quickly, but it still looks great.
- Beautiful quilting – My go-to long-arm quilter in Alaska, Mary Lou Frahm of Honeybee Quilting did a fabulous job, don’t you agree?
At about 57″ square, this quilt is the perfect size for the beach, or curling up on the couch. I think it would make a great baby quilt too. I might have to make a few more. 🙂
Mahalo, y’all, for stopping by.